Speaker in the Spotlight: James Sessa
With this year’s Employee Engagement Summit just a few weeks away, we’ve decided to sit down with some of our world class industry speakers for a “Speaker in the Spotlight” interview to hear more about their role, responsibilities and what they are most looking forward to about the event. Today we are joined by James Sessa, Head of People at Naked Wines…
- Can you provide us with an insight into a ‘day in the life’ of your role? No day is ever the same, which is one of the things I love most about my job. Whether it’s writing articles on our intranet, surveying colleagues about how they’re feeling, searching for ideas to help us become an even better employer, having 121 conversations about development and performance or delivering training… I love it all (okay, maybe not everything, I’m not so much of a fan of raising POs)
- How has Covid affected your workplace and your workforce? It’s been quite a challenge but it’s also helped us connect strongly with our purpose (to connect everyday wine drinkers with the world’s best winemakers). We’ve seen our community come together like never before – a reminder of the difference you can make in this world when you have a shared vision that people really care about.
- What do you think the future will look like for employee engagement and the workforce? I think connecting with your people will be more important than ever. I’m hopeful that increased work flexibility leads people to reflect more on their needs and become less reluctant to work outside comfort zones. As an employer we need to make sure we’re asking the right questions at the right time and offering support so people can grow to be the best version of themselves.
- We’re very excited about hearing your case study! Any chance we can get a sneak peek about what you will be specifically focusing on? I’ll be talking about how we managed reward and recognition in the world of remote work – that’s all I’ll say for now, you’ll just have to tune in to hear more.
- What are you most looking forward to about the event? All of it – it’s my first employee engagement summit! I do like a good debate so I’m especially looking forward to the panel discussions.
You can watch James present his exclusive study on “Delivering appreciation during the pandemic” on the 11th May at 11:55am. Book your FREE Live Stream ticket to the Employee Engagement Summit here!