Mapping the future of customer technology – insights from Sabio's Silicon Valley study tour
Ahead of our upcoming Customer Engagement Summit, Stuart Dorman, Head of Consultancy, Sabio, reports exclusively for Engage Business Media on a recent study tour of Silicon Valley taking in major players including Amazon, Facebook and Google.
We’re looking forward to speaking at Engage Customer’s fourth annual Customer Engagement Summit at London’s Victoria Park Plaza Hotel later this month (November 26) – particularly given the event’s focus on those innovations and insights that are driving customer and employee engagement.
At Sabio we’re focused on transforming contact centre performance, and at the summit we’ll be sharing insights from our recent Sabio study tour where we took a delegation of Sabio staff and customers to Silicon Valley to get a sense of just how major industry players such as Amazon, Avaya, Facebook, Google and Nuance are busy working to reshape customer engagement.
While change itself is nothing new, it’s worthwhile considering the prediction that in ten years over 40% of the Fortune 500 will no longer be around. So when formulating even near-term strategy, organisations clearly need to take account of all the external social and technology innovations that are driving this change.
Offering more intelligent service and making it easier for customers to engage can make a huge difference – not only by optimising operational performance, but also in terms of freeing up time so that people can spend more of their lives doing what they actually want to do. A key focus for our study tour was to get a sense of how the exponential acceleration we’re now seeing in key areas such as cloud computational power, analytics, messaging and speech recognition will help us in terms of redefining the traditional customer engagement model.
At the Customer Engagement Summit, we’ll be discussing some of the specific findings from our tour. Initial observations will cover:
• The sheer cloud computational power offered by firms such as Amazon – unlocking true Big Data analytics opportunities
• How firms such as Avaya are leveraging the power of WebRTC and snap-in services to create even more specialised customer journeys
• The role of massively scaling messaging platforms, with Facebook and others placing messaging at the heart of customer engagement
• The acceleration enabled by Google’s 10x thinking and fail fast culture
• How pervasive speech recognition and widespread virtual assistant innovation from Nuance is helping gather the insight essential for true machine learning
We look forward to sharing further findings at Customer Engagement Summit 2015 on November 26.