Well seasoned, but not over cooked author, speaker, workshop facilitator and consultant with broad experience in customer service, customer experience, contact centre, & CRM, for a range of market segments in the UK, Canada, EMEA & the USA.
Over that that time I’ve learned what works and what doesn’t. I take a unique approach that eschews the newest shiny toys as a starting point and focuses on four fundamental principles that must underpin and drive a successful customer experience strategy, Culture, Commitment, Communication and Community.
As a vocal and demanding customer myself, I truly understand the frustration, anger and disappointment that characterize many customers’ experiences with businesses. I’ve been involved in the customer service business in one form or another for over thirty years in strategic, operational and logistical roles. I’ve worked with some of the best customer experience “gurus” and some of the best and worst companies, all of whom have been vibrant, creative and life changing influences.
I help customer service directors, customer experiences leaders and MDs to develop actionable insights, drive value and improve profitable customer retention by focusing on Customer Inspired Thinking that will help them in:
• Evaluating what customers really think of them & why
• Quantifying how much bad service really costs them
• Identifying & addressing areas for improvement
• Engaging, involving and inspiring their employees to find their inner customer
• Introducing & integrating the right technology at the right time for the right reasons
• Measuring what matters – to customers
By doing this successfully, and consistently, I hope to avoid undignified impoverishment in my later years and grow old gracefully and gratefully.