UK businesses are prioritising investment in technology over people development, according to new research commissioned by talent management business, INTOO UK & Ireland.
In the recent independent survey of 1000 UK managers and employees, INTOO discovered that 75% of organisations are prioritising investment in technology whereas only 45% are helping to develop the skills their employees will need to succeed in the future world of work.
The research also found:
• 84% of UK workers are confident their role will continue to be carried out by people in the future, despite the introduction of new technology
• 58% of managers believe their teams need to develop new skills for the future
• BUT less than half of UK businesses are investing in people development
• Lack of investment, lack of time and lack of additional remuneration are seen as biggest barriers to skills development
• 1 in every 4 managers believes employees are not motivated to learn new skills
• Adaptability is seen as the most important skill for future success – with a decline in the value of role-specific skills
Tim Morton, Director at INTOO, commented:
“Far from the recent Armageddon headlines, this research suggests that, despite the advent of Artificial intelligence, big data, automation and robotics, people will continue to have an intrinsic role to play in business success.
You can download the full report by simply filling in your details below.
ENGAGEEMPLOYEE.COM RESOURCE HUB OFFERS FREE DOWNLOADS FOR REGISTERED USERS
Please complete the form below. In addition to providing the white paper download, this also gives you access to our free weekly newsletter keeping you up with trends in the customer space, network with other members online and share ideas and ‘good practice’. Enjoy the benefits from the latest technology, free trials and much more…